Monday, April 12, 2010

30 days...

There's just 30 days left...wow.

Since the last post, things have gotten even more hectic (I'd that's possible)! With the purchase of the new house, the 10 days of "Housing hunting" leave was definitely put to good use!

Originally we laughed at the realization of having 10 days off. There was NO way we'd need all those days in Havelock (since we'd already found of perfect house). But alas come the last day in town, we were still meeting with painters and carpeters and to this day we're still working on paint colors...

It's just amazing how much work is put into a house to make it a home. We're excited as anything to get to the final product but there's still 30 more days of work to be done. 30 days...

I'm not gonna lie and say that I'm ready to get out of the Marine Corp. How could I? Thanks to the world's finest I have a skill, a job (hopefully), and a TON of memories! I remember my times as a young Marine in the "LCU" with J, Kyle, Fred, Drew, 'Ski, and Michele. I remember the amazing memories of finding "the church" and finally realizing who I wanted to become. And then there's my BEAUTIFUL wife! I couldn't have done all of these things had it not been for the United States Marine Corps...

All of that comes to an end in 30 days...wow...

"Times like these
And times like those
What will be, will be
And so it goes..."
- Jack Johnson

No comments: